Benefits you can count on
With quick claim payments, rate stability, and guaranteed renewable coverage, the Chambers Plan makes it easy for you to invest in the health and well-being of your employees. 3,000 small businesses just like yours join the Plan every year. With the help of our local advisors, let us design a plan to fit your needs and your budget from an array of benefits and options:
Extended Health Care Benefits
Health insurance helps employees and their dependents pay for necessary medical expenses that aren't covered by their provincial plan. The Chambers Plan Health options cover up to 100% of eligible costs, and provide affordable health insurance for what Canadian employees need most: prescription drugs, paramedical services, vision care, emergency travel insurance and medical equipment and supplies.
Prescription Drug Coverage
You want a prescription drug plan that is affordable, easy to use, provides comprehensive coverage, and can save time and money. The Chambers Plan uses TELUS Assure pay direct cards for easy, convenient, real-time adjudication of drug claims right at the point of purchase.
The Chambers Plan also uses the TELUS Health National Formulary – an evolving list of prescription drugs that ensures coverage and accessibility to safe, cost-effective, quality drug therapies. The Plan pairs the formulary with a second, higher co-pay tier to encourage patients to make smart choices while providing coverage for the most frequently dispensed medications. Read more about the National Formulary
Paramedical Practitioner Services
Chambers Plan Health options cover many paramedical practitioner services at the usual and customary rates, with maximums ranging up to $600 per person per type of service in a calendar year.
Audiologists / Chiropractors / Podiatrists and Chiropodists / Massage Therapists / Acupuncturists / Physiotherapists / Licensed Speech Therapists / Licensed Clinical Psychologists / Naturopaths / Osteopaths / Clinical Dieticians
Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Up to $25,000 per person toward home nursing care
- Emergency ground or air ambulance to the nearest hospital
- Up to $700 per person toward the purchase and installation of a hearing aid
Emergency Travel Insurance
Emergency travel insurance for employees and their dependents is included in every Chambers Plan Health option. Travel insurance includes coverage for eligible expenses resulting from a medical emergency outside an employee’s province of residence and includes services such as:
Telephone translation services / Emergency medical funding and evacuation / After-hospital care and nursing / Returning dependent children to their home / Trip interruption / Return of vehicle
Vision Care (Glasses, Contacts, Eye Surgery)
The Chambers Plan offers up to $200 of Vision Care benefits per individual.
Your Chambers Plan advisor can provide a complete list of Extended Health Care benefits based on the option you choose.
Chambers Plan options cover Basic, Endodontic, and Periodontal services, with Major services available to firms with three or more employees and Orthodontic coverage available to firms with 10 or more employees.
Whether you're looking for basic maintenance or major coverage, our Dental insurance plans can help cover the cost of dental care for your employees and their families. Payments for Dental claims are typically processed within 48 hours. Employees can also track claims, review coverage and even see when they’re next eligible for a check-up by going online and using my-benefits.
Basic Dental coverage can include:
- Check-ups and complete dental exams
- Fluoride, polishing and scaling
- Dental x-rays, periapical films and panoramic film
- Pit and fissure sealants
- Minor restorations including fillings and prefab crowns
- Oral surgery – removal of erupted or impacted teeth or residual roots, and associated anesthesia
Endodontic and Periodontal procedures include:
- Root canal therapeutics
- Gum treatment
Major Dental coverage can include:
- Crowns and onlays, dentures and bridges
- Denture relining and rebasing, repair of dentures or bridgework
Orthodontic Dental coverage can include:
- Orthodontic exams, X-rays and casts
- Braces and retainers for dependents not yet 17 years old
If one of your employees became seriously ill and was unable to work, what would their family do? These circumstances would be stressful for anyone; the last thing they would want is to be simultaneously burdened by financial strain. Critical Illness insurance can help meet the financial demands that often accompany a major illness or injury. Employees will have peace of mind knowing that in the event of a life-threatening health change, they will be able to afford medical costs, basic living expenses, or anything else for which they choose to use the funds.
With Chambers Plan Critical Illness insurance, no medical underwriting is required. Available options provide for a lump sum payment of up to $50,000 following the diagnosis of one of the following conditions:
Alzheimer's / Aortic Surgery / Aplastic Anemia / Bacterial Meningitis / Benign Brain Tumour / Blindness / Burns / Cancer / Coma / Coronary Bypass / Deafness / Heart Attack / Heart Valve Replacement / Kidney Failure / Loss of Independent Existence / Loss of Limbs / Loss of Speech / Major Organ Failure (on Waiting List) / Major Organ Transplant / Motor Neuron Disease / Multiple Sclerosis / Occupational HIV / Paralysis /Parkinson's Disease / Stroke
Critical Illness insurance benefits are paid in addition to other benefit plan coverage and, unlike disability insurance, are paid regardless of income or ability to work.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What if there was a way to help your employees deal with problems before they escalated into serious issues that result in absenteeism or even lead to disability claims?
An EAP can help:
- Reduce and manage employee absenteeism
- Reduce healthcare and disability costs
- Increase employee morale, productivity and job performance
- Reduce employee turnover and associated expenses
An EAP can create savings for you and provide your employees support when life's challenges make it difficult to concentrate on work. The Chambers Plan Employee Assistance Program provides confidential, one-on-one counselling with a designated psychosocial professional.
Comprehensive Protection: Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
Disability insurance, whether short or long term, gives employees a financial cushion in the event they become disabled due to an injury or illness and are unable to work for a period of time. Although Health insurance will typically cover the costs of treating an injury or illness, most people will have a difficult time paying for basic necessities if they aren't able to work.
Short Term Disability Insurance (Weekly Indemnity)
We understand that each of our clients has a different budget and unique needs. You will be able to decide how long your employees must be off work before they may begin to collect benefits, and how long they may collect benefits. For employees under age 65, Short Term Disability insurance benefits represent 66 2/3% of their gross income to a maximum of $1,200 per week.
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Insuring employees for the long term, LTD coverage can help provide financial security so a disabled employee can focus on recovery and returning to work. Chambers Plan LTD benefits provide employees with:
- Up to $7,000 per month
- Benefits for 2 or 5 years, or until age 65
- Guaranteed coverage to groups with 3 or more employees (non-evidence limits vary from $1,200 to $3,000)
Life / Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Group life insurance provides financial support to families of employees in the event of their death. Benefits are adjustable to meet your company's unique business needs and lets employees pay their premiums through payroll deductions. Our life insurance benefits include:
- Coverage up to $300,000
- Living benefit provisions included in every policy
- Guaranteed coverage for companies or organizations with three or more employees
Covers spouses and dependent children for all causes of death
- Spousal benefit amounts from $5,000 - $15,000
- Child benefit amount – 50% of the spousal amount
By adding Optional Life coverage to your benefit plan, you give your employees the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance through the Chambers Plan at group rates. Employees are able to top up their group coverage with up to $500,000 of Optional Life insurance, letting them build a plan to meet their needs at a cost they can afford. No cost for the firm. Complete flexibility for employees.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
Even if we take every safety precaution, the unfortunate reality is accidents do happen. Included in every Chambers Plan, AD&D provides employees and their families with added financial security in the case of the insured's death, paralysis, or loss of limb, hearing, speech, or sight due to an accident.
Every AD&D insurance policy includes:
- An additional payment equal to the Life insurance benefit in the event of an accidental death
- A percentage of the principal sum for other losses
- Additional benefits such as spousal occupation training, rehabilitation benefits and workplace modification
- Rehabilitation Benefits – Up to $15,000 to receive training for a new occupation
- Spousal Educational Benefit – Up to $15,000 for any training necessary to become qualified for employment in a new occupation
- Daycare Benefit – Up to $5,000 per year for up to four consecutive years
- Dependent Child Educational Benefit – Up to $10,000 per school year for each dependent child enrolled in post-secondary education
Business Overhead Expense (BOE)
Unfortunately, none of us can predict a sudden illness or injury. It’s wise to consider how your absence would impact your business and make sure you’re prepared for unforeseen circumstances. Designed for self-employed business owners who generate all of their firm’s sales and revenues and who are involved in the day-to-day operations of the business, BOE covers your business’ fixed expenses if you’re away for an extended period of time due to disability. BOE must be purchased in conjunction with Long Term Disability benefits.
BOE insurance is available in units of $100 and business owners may purchase up to $2,000 of monthly coverage. Benefits would be payable as of the 31st day of an illness or injury and can continue for up to 18 months. Eligible business expenses could include:
Mortgage or rent / Utilities / Phones / Taxes and licenses / Equipment costs / Corporate car leases / Professional services (e.g. bookkeeping) / Salaries for personnel who do not generate revenue and whose duties are vital for business operations
Chambers Plan Group Retirement Solution
The Chambers Plan offers an innovative group retirement savings plan designed to help businesses like yours be competitive and assist in your employees’ future financial needs.
Benefits to You
Simple and straightforward, from start to finish - applying online is quick and convenient, plan set-up is seamless, and ongoing administration is hassle-free. Help is readily available, as well, either online or through our bilingual customer service centre. At our secure website, you can:
- Submit contributions
- Access support tools and reports that are easy to read and understand.
Having access to our online retirement planning tools, statements, and educational materials, Chambers Plan Group Retirement Solution works well with your company’s overall compensation approach by enhancing the future financial security of your employees and their families. Implementing a comprehensive retirement savings plan will help you to stand out when recruiting and retaining employees and create a sense of long-term loyalty and pride in your team.
Benefits to Your Employees
- Low fees. The investment management fees (IMFs) in a group plan are typically lower than the management expense ratio fees charged by individual mutual funds and banks.
- Immediate tax savings. Employees see immediate tax savings with the group RRSP if contributions are deducted from their gross pay, which means they pay income tax only on the reduced amount.
- Simple online administration:
- Fast and easy online enrolment
- A secure website featuring comprehensive education and support tools
- Ongoing online administrative support, including access to live support through our customer service centre and from licensed financial education specialists
- An annual statement that is mailed to the employee’s home, summarizing account activity
Protection. Security. Convenience.
It’s a Mouthful: Making the Most of Healthcare and Dental Benefits
Critical Illness Coverage Can Help You Recover
Managing Frequent Absences With An Employee Assistance Program
Accidental Death and Dismemberment – A Benefit With Big Value
Group Retirement Solution: FutureStep® Product Overview Brochure
Making the Most of Your Vacation