Chambers Plan Adds Value
The following services are built into each benefit plan at no additional cost:
Chambers Plan Telemedicine
Included with each Extended Health benefit.
While the quality of Canadian healthcare is widely regarded as amongst the best in the world, accessing care in a timely manner is a challenge for many Canadians and their employers. In a recent survey, 57% of Canadians reported they could not secure an appointment with their family doctor within 48 hours.
With Teladoc Health®, members can visit with a doctor within 1 hour, and 92% of cases are resolved on the first call. Skip the trip to the waiting room with telemedicine, included with every Chambers Plan Health option.
Talk with a doctor within an hour by phone or app from wherever you are in Canada or the United States.
- With a large operating scale all across Canada, Teladoc Health can broaden and accelerate access to high-quality care.
- With 24/7 access to Teladoc and wait times of less than an hour for a visit, patients can have a visit with a physician anytime – by phone or video* – and be prescribed medication as necessary.
- Because all physicians are Canadian board-certified and licensed medical doctors, patients can expect high-quality care.
- Members can also receive care in the U.S, giving them peace of mind when minor illnesses get in the way of their travel.
*Telemedicine Services is only available by video conference in Quebec.
How it Works
- Initiate: The member initiates by phone* or app and completes medical history similar to the paperwork requirements at a doctor’s office.
- Request: The member requests an appointment and can talk to a doctor within 1 hour.
- Visit: A physician reviews the medical history and any uploaded images and contacts the member via their preferred method—by phone* or video.
- Resolve: A physician diagnoses the member and if necessary, provides ongoing treatment plans.
- Prescribe: If prescribing medication, the prescription is sent to the member’s pharmacy of choice.
* Telemedicine Services is only available by video conference in Quebec.
Teladoc Health is the global leader in virtual care and leverages a network of physicians licensed and certified in both the United States and Canada. With Teladoc Health, members can receive a diagnosis and treatment recommendation to include prescribed medications, if necessary, for a broad array of healthcare issues right at their fingertips.
Teladoc Health is helping patients get resolution for their healthcare needs while redirecting patients from unnecessary emergency department visits and the long wait times of doctors’ offices. Telemedicine Services fill a crucial need for on-demand care and serve as a complement to the existing healthcare systems, and Teladoc Health’s comprehensive virtual care solution provides a new front door to the healthcare system—one that is open 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere.
Business Assistance Service (BAS)
Helping you manage your business more efficiently
Most small businesses can’t afford to have a team of specialists on hand to help deal with unexpected problems that require an expert opinion. The Chambers Plan BAS is designed to fill this gap. This confidential service provides access to professional accounting, counselling, legal and human resource experts who understand the challenges faced by small business owners. One-on-one consultation is often financially out of reach for many businesses, however through the Chambers Plan BAS, firms have access, free of charge, to expert advisors who can help their business grow.
The Chambers Plan BAS provides business owners:
When an employee is consistently absent from work, or underperforming, there is a strong probability that a personal issue is the cause. Owners now have the resources available to help employees deal with situations affecting performance, through face-to-face counselling with a trained professional.
The Chambers Plan has retained Arete® as the independent service provider of the Business Assistance Service. Arete manages a national network of professionals, ready to assist you and your employees, and a toll-free call will put you in touch with a trained specialist who will identify how best to help you.
Human Resource Coaching
Confidential telephone coaching helps address a wide range of challenging people issues, including performance management, absenteeism, conflict and difficult behavior.
Provides up to nine hours of Legal, Accounting and Specialized Human Resource services combined, per calendar year.
- Legal Advice – When faced with a legal dilemma, this service provides practical and current interpretations of company, partnership, taxation and insolvency law, plus all relevant aspects of common and civil law.
- Accounting Advice – When the numbers don’t add up, advice from a professional enables owners and managers to strengthen management and control functions through expert counsel.
- Specialized Human Resource Services – When facing a technical human resource issue, from termination processes and overtime pay to legislative/labour law concerns, this service provides you with answers confidentially, via telephone.
The Healthy Business BookmarkTM (HBB)
As a business owner or manager, you understand the everyday challenges and personal stresses associated with managing people and running a business—it can be a lot. Enter Arete’s Healthy Business Bookmark (HBB) website, available through BAS. With carefully curated resources designed to inspire and tailored to meet your needs, HBB is the place to start when you need a little boost of inspiration, a sample to get you going or if you just don’t know where to begin. Check out the info sheet for the full story on HBB.
Teladoc Medical Experts
Helping employees make important medical decisions
When you or someone you love is faced with illness or injury, you want to have access to the very best medical expertise available. That's exactly what Teladoc Medical Experts gives you, connecting individuals and their treating physician with world renowned specialists to provide an expert opinion on an existing diagnosis and treatment plan, without having to leave home.
Don’t forget, your dependents as defined in your benefit plan can also use Teladoc Medical Experts. Plus, with the Extended Family Benefit, your parents and parents-in-law also have access to Teladoc Medical Experts when they need it most.
Plan members have unlimited access to the following Teladoc Medical Experts services:
Personal Health Navigator
Helps a Plan member navigate the healthcare system and take control of their own healthcare. By providing customized health information, and access to local resources, Personal Health Navigator is not just for serious illness, but can help all members.
Expert Medical Opinion
Provides an in-depth review of medical files by world renowned specialists to confirm the right diagnosis and right treatment options. The Plan member and their treating physician benefit from the valuable insights of top medical experts, under constant guidance and support from Teladoc Medical Experts.
Find a Doctor* & Care Finder*
Locates a local or out-of-country specialist if a Plan member needs one. Access to a Canadian specialist requires a referral from a treating physician.
*While Teladoc Medical Experts services are available without charge to all Chambers Plan insured employees and their dependents, employees are responsible for any expenses associated with medical treatment (not covered by your provincial or Extended Health Care plan), travel and lodging. Teladoc Medical Experts does not make referrals or appointments for members.
Hugr Authentic Connections
A mental wellness app that helps you and your employees feel connected.
We can all feel isolated or lonely at times. But did you know that a lack of social connection is bad for our health? Research tells us that lacking social connections carries a risk factor potentially worse than smoking, obesity, physical inactivity and air pollution. Hugr Authentic Connections can help. Hugr’s self-guided digital program can help users measure their level of social connection, discover how to build and maintain authentic connections, and regularly share how they’re feeling with those closest to them.
Benefits for your employees:
- Gives employees the skills to be proactive about their mental well-being and develop engaging and meaningful social connections
- When bad days happen, they have easy access to integrated support and tools
- Normalizes the importance of personal mental well-being and reduces stigma
- Helps employees forge psychologically safe and meaningful social connections at work and home
Benefits for your business:
- Promoting Hugr Authentic Connections demonstrates your commitment to employee well-being—particularly while we’re experiencing unprecedented stress and social isolation
- Employees will develop new knowledge and skills and feel a greater sense of connection at work, resulting in higher engagement, retention, productivity and performance
- Hugr Authentic Connections is a valuable, evidence-based addition to your workplace well-being toolkit that will proactively support all your employees
- DISCOVER your level of social connection by completing self-awareness check-ins—identifying strengths and opportunities for growth and action.
- DEVELOP evidence-based skills to identify and close gaps in your social connections through iCBT-based learning.
- TRACK and view trends to see correlations in your social connections, experience at work, loneliness, isolation and anxiety.
- SHARE your journey with those closest to you so the caring and trusted people in your lives can seamlessly know how you’re feeling.
GET HUGR AUTHENTIC CONNECTIONS
Members of Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan have premium access to the app—giving them the full experience and tools to stay connected as they take care of your mental well-being.
Hugr is proudly brought to you by Arete, a trusted partner of Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan.
Connecting members to health-empowering solutions
Any health issue or concern brings about questions. my-benefits health is the Chambers Plan wellness site, providing Plan members easy access to reliable health tools and resources, allowing them to choose the best course of action for their family.
- Find a family doctor or specialist
- Check procedure wait times
- Locate patient assistance programs
- Explore resources on senior care
- Search Canadian prescription drug and conditions libraries
- Read topical newsletters